Question from a wannabe Validator

Hello community! I intend to run a validator node, yet I am a layman in all things crypto. I believe heavily in the project and wanted to be a part from the ground floor.
Where can I turn for trusted advice on setting up a node? What level of knowledge do you need to keep these nodes safe? What information should I be looking up?
I really appreciate any basic explanation as I will want to learn all I can before I risk any of my addresses in mucking around with things I am not sure of.

Possibility 2 is just stake for the year and do my research. Any paths to take regarding research please let me know.

Thanks everyone for the advice.

Kind regards,
J

If layman in all things crypto, then first start by watching this beautiful video about why need consensus protocols and how does this even work. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bBC-nXj3Ng4
Then you can learn about how PoS works, once you know the importance/role of validators then rest is easy.

1 Like

I got a sense that it was easy and thank you for the link. If you have others please feel free to DM me. I sensed the importance of this project. I will learn, learn, learn.

1 Like